Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom 2014 Nissan Versa SV got its taillight damaged. The bulb is ok, but the lens is cracking and following apart. I like to have the tail light assembly replaced. I tried to get the local garage to to do it, but they said the dealer told them it was dealers only. I asked if they can install it if we provided the part, and they said they could do that.

What is the best option, should I tried to have her go to a dealer, which could be costly and would require my sister to take time off to get my mom there since she has no sense of direction and can't get to the dealer?

Alternately, I can go to amazon and get this:

and have thee local garage do it. The risk is that the part may not fit if the listing was incorrect.

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mom 2014 Nissan Versa SV got its taillight damaged. The bulb is ok, but the lens is cracking and following apart. I like to have the tail light assembly replaced. I tried to get the local garage to to do it, but they said the dealer told them it was dealers only. I asked if they can install it if we provided the part, and they said they could do that.

What is the best option, should I tried to have her go to a dealer, which could be costly and would require my sister to take time off to get my mom there since she has no sense of direction and can't get to the dealer?

Alternately, I can go to amazon and get this:

and have thee local garage do it. The risk is that the part may not fit if the listing was incorrect.

Paul
Rock Auto! www.rockauto.com, then go to You Tube and someone will most certainly have a video on replacing the Tail light. Don't sweat it...this is all based on the fact that you have a basic tool set. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts