Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent two hours trying to get the metal clips off until my hands bled and I couldn't do it anymore. I pushed and pulled in every possible direction. Looking at it I can't see any opening for the clips
to come out. I watched and read every tutorial and consulted the useless manual, but nothing helps. The online videos show a different shaped clip than the one in my car. Nissan makes it impossible so you have to pay the dealer to change a simple lightbulb for you... greedy POS company I will never buy one of their cars again, my bought used 91 Honda Accord required less maintenance at 150k miles than my bought new versa at 60k miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel your pain, just did mine last week. Ended up taking a long, flat-head screwdriver and pushing/bending the "loop" part until it unhooked. Its a pain, but if you have a small and long enough flat-head screwdriver, you can hook it in the loop just right. You'll want to push it down slightly, and then outward to get it past the hook part.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should just take the headlight out, it's pretty easy. Take the screw holding the bumper out an pull the bumper forward, there's 1 10mm bolt on the side and 3 10mm bolts up top.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
If it helps I won a class action suit against Sylvania and received ten bucks from head lamp bulb issues. :grin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not impossible, but definitely a huge PITA. This bulb retainer design is just about as clever as the engine design that hides all the serviceable parts under the damned intake manifold.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Its a cross flow head and the extra length of each runner allows more torque to be generated. This is why some hondas are qutless and have such a short intake runner for a higher redline and more HP.

I need to look at the head lamp. Sounds like the scion I had. It used like a large snap ring or curclip that required you to pinch the ends and flip it out of the way to pull the bulb out. It had a philips head screw which held the cap that covers the end of the bulb and when I unscrewed that it fell inside the lamp housing. :surprise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts