Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing my front headlight and the clip that secures the headlight fell out. I got the car second hand - so I'm not sure if anything was broken before, but the clip looks fine - just not sure how to get it back on there. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Found a pic... does it just go in between the screw and the metal ring?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing my front headlight and the clip that secures the headlight fell out. I got the car second hand - so I'm not sure if anything was broken before, but the clip looks fine - just not sure how to get it back on there. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Found a pic... does it just go in between the screw and the metal ring?
You mean it was open, or it fell completely off?

Of all the bulbs I've changed, in all the cars I've worked on, this one might be the worst.
If you searched at all on the web, I'm sure you found countless forum mentions of how they don't make a whole lot of sense. Classic design over function nonsense.

It's the kind of situation where once you know how they work, or are lucky enough to find a description with a camera angle that's this helpful, it's simple.. But as soon as the spring clip is bent to any degree, they deteriorate with every single bulb change until they're trash.

For something that requires spring tension, they sure do bend out of shape easily.

On my next bulb change, I'm going to remove the whole headlight assembly, as one of mine won't play ball any more, due to trying to get them to fit around LED bulbs.

I found this forum while looking to see if I could find replacement spring clips that won't require re-bending back to stock shape.

In short.. You'd be better off removing the headlight. It's faster in the long run. You really have no room in there to perform much of anything. People with larger hands will not be able to get this to work even with a functioning clip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts