Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a query concerning battery replacement procedures on a 2011 Versa Hatch SL. The shop manual describes a "Required Procedure After Battery Disconnection." Is this really necessary? I've pasted in the noted items requiring a 'procedure.' I've changed a lot of batteries in my time. Never did I have to reset or initialize anything. If some procedures are necessary, could someone describe them? ~ james

Required Procedure After Battery Disconnection

Engine Control Idle Air Volume Learning EC-580 (MR18DE)

Glasses, Window System & Mirrors Power Window System Initialization GW-31

Roof Sunroof Memory Reset/Initialization RF-11

Audio, Visual, Navigation & Telephone

Audio (Radio Preset) Refer to Owner’s Manual.

Navigation System Refer to Owner’s Manual.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi, I changed out the battery in December myself. Yes, had to reprogram the radio stations I had saved on each "row" (A,B and C), including Clock time set. Also the one-touch drivers down and up I needed to reprogram (very easy, do google search). I don't remember if I had to reprogram the bluetooth phonebook (I have a SL with Tech Package) or repair the phone, but maybe this too.

And, yes there was something about the sunroof reset (I also have sunroof) and again followed instructions, however I did not notice any difference.

I did nothing about the EC580 stuff or NAV (I don't have factory NAV, only Tom Tom aftermarket).

All in all, only took me a few minutes to reprogram everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just google How to change battery with out losing memory. Also go to Sam's or other and they change it w/o losing memory. You can also buuy a 9V adapto that plugs into the accessory (lighter ) outlet and you don't lose any settings. You can do the same by using jumper cables.

Old guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.