Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a query concerning battery replacement procedures on a 2011 Versa Hatch SL. The shop manual describes a "Required Procedure After Battery Disconnection." Is this really necessary? I've pasted in the noted items requiring a 'procedure.' I've changed a lot of batteries in my time. Never did I have to reset or initialize anything. If some procedures are necessary, could someone describe them? ~ james

Required Procedure After Battery Disconnection

Engine Control Idle Air Volume Learning EC-580 (MR18DE)

Glasses, Window System & Mirrors Power Window System Initialization GW-31

Roof Sunroof Memory Reset/Initialization RF-11

Audio, Visual, Navigation & Telephone

Audio (Radio Preset) Refer to Owner’s Manual.

Navigation System Refer to Owner’s Manual.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi, I changed out the battery in December myself. Yes, had to reprogram the radio stations I had saved on each "row" (A,B and C), including Clock time set. Also the one-touch drivers down and up I needed to reprogram (very easy, do google search). I don't remember if I had to reprogram the bluetooth phonebook (I have a SL with Tech Package) or repair the phone, but maybe this too.

And, yes there was something about the sunroof reset (I also have sunroof) and again followed instructions, however I did not notice any difference.

I did nothing about the EC580 stuff or NAV (I don't have factory NAV, only Tom Tom aftermarket).

All in all, only took me a few minutes to reprogram everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the one-touch drivers down and up I needed to reprogram (very easy, do google search).
Kennethbokor, thanks for responding. Do you recall if the power window reset involved lowering the window all the way and then raising it all the way up - and hold for 4-seconds. Something like that. Thanks, ~ james

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi yes something like that I don't remember the exact sequence but you can consult the manual or google the instructions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just google How to change battery with out losing memory. Also go to Sam's or other and they change it w/o losing memory. You can also buuy a 9V adapto that plugs into the accessory (lighter ) outlet and you don't lose any settings. You can do the same by using jumper cables.

Old guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.