Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Ebay projectors, but they can't take HID bulbs.

The JDM projectors are just a little too expensive.

SoOoOo.....

Does anyone have any past experience with Retro fitting projectors in general, that could shed some basic knowledge upon us?

All info and advice are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
that would be nice :) i want HID projectors.... its driving me nutz
but WHY can't you? just slap them in??? i don't see why not. just aim the lights down

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think pple on ebay just assume they can't take HIDs? just like they assume the header won't fit the sedan? well atleast the first part does :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
is there any glare with the HIDs? is it a good beam of light? could you maybe take a picture of the light spread?
btw im loving the custom gauge setup btw.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
looks like i know what im gonna be saving up for then :-D
did you have to do any modifications to get the HIDs to work on the headlights?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was a while back i did this, but if i remember correctly....I cut the low beam wire off of the headlamp harness to run that to the hid.

Found some old pics. I know i spliced or cut the low beam wire but i cant remember. If i did it again it would come back to me.

Edit:

OK, i cut the low beam wire from the headlamp to the light bulb socket. Ran that wire for power to the hid ballast. Then i spliced the ground wire and ran that to the ballast as well. Done. PLug in factory harness to headlamp harness, then connect the two wires for the hid. The light spread pic is old, i did adjust the focus after that pic and it is better than that.

Some pics from camera phone.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
thnx for all the pix Weems, very nice and setting up doesn't sound too hard at all. you just motivated me to do this :yesnod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeay! Finally found someone who has done this!
Hey, did you also have to go w/ the H3 bulb? We bought the oem H4/9003 bulb, but it didn't fit. We were told we need H3 for projectors.
Thank you!

It was a while back i did this, but if i remember correctly....I cut the low beam wire off of the headlamp harness to run that to the hid.

Found some old pics. I know i spliced or cut the low beam wire but i cant remember. If i did it again it would come back to me.

Edit:

OK, i cut the low beam wire from the headlamp to the light bulb socket. Ran that wire for power to the hid ballast. Then i spliced the ground wire and ran that to the ballast as well. Done. PLug in factory harness to headlamp harness, then connect the two wires for the hid. The light spread pic is old, i did adjust the focus after that pic and it is better than that.

Some pics from camera phone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.