Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had ever done projector retrofitting?
That is open the headlight housing -> insert a projector
Using something like this stuff:

If yes can you post the how to DIY please :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Don't think it has been done here by anyone but couple of members here I believe have some that were done by some company that does it. Very expensive though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No DIY that I know of. However, there's a DIY on how to open the housing if you're interested.
I don't know if snn is interested but I am. :D
(oh.... please!)

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I've seen it done on my other forum site that I am a part of (2gstratus.org) from my old car. I'ts not impossible, but it does take patience and time. There's many parts you need such as a harness the bulbs, ballasts, and some other things as well. You also have to make sure that once you open up your headlights, you must close it completely or humidity will get in and ruin the headlights. Just throwing out what I know!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Versa -- HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

Once upon a time I owned a Versa...and I wanted HIDS but did not want to cheap out with the ebay projectors.

First I tried myself (it was a disaster), so I did some research and found a reputable company by the name of Lightwerkz. They were very professional and did the retro process. Even they said the Versa has been the hardest car to retro.

I still have the set linked above; it is sitting in my storage collecting dust waiting for a new owner!

Let me know if you're interested!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Versa -- HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

Once upon a time I owned a Versa...and I wanted HIDS but did not want to cheap out with the ebay projectors.

First I tried myself (it was a disaster), so I did some research and found a reputable company by the name of Lightwerkz. They were very professional and did the retro process. Even they said the Versa has been the hardest car to retro.

I still have the set linked above; it is sitting in my storage collecting dust waiting for a new owner!

Let me know if you're interested!
Thanks but i live too far and shipping will cost more than the headlights itself.
when you said it was a disaster, what went wrong? wrong kit? headlight housing broken?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.