Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only thing done to the car is aftermarket head unit, but it is a touchscreen dvd player and all. Everything online wants me to wire a certain wire to the parking brake but i haven't bothered to do that, so the dvds wont play. But I don't know if the lights were an issue before I installed that or not. I've checked one of the bulbs its fine, but I get no reaction when the car is put in reverse. It is a 6sp MT but I can't find any fuses or anything wrong. I also checked the reverse switch on the trans. Any ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they're plugged in, im curious if is they type of set up where if one goes out they both dont work. i doubt it is but i guess i could pull the other bulb and check it too. i just hate removing those lights.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just end and checked all the fuses in that rediculously placed mystery box. and they all appear to be ok, ill attempt to replace it when i get one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Connect DVD to parking brake? almost sounds like it would like you play unless it knows the car is not moving

·
Registered
639 Posts
Its so people aren't distracted watching DVDs while driving.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fix the problem yet if not.

Does the head-unit have a back up camera that you installed with it?
If so did you connect the reverse wire?

·
Registered
374 Posts
If I'm guessing what u are trying to do is that for u to be able to paly dvds ur ebrake needs to be one but I have that same setup but the trick if you want to be able to play dvds while ur driving is to hook the cable that goes to ur ebrake to the ground wire of the headunit and it should work. But y the lights won't turn on in the back idk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts