Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had the Stillen exhaust raised so it no longer scrapes over speed bumps. It makes a nice noise and highway acceleration has improved. However, the improvement is so small, I barely notice a difference.

:18:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Car looks dam good, especially at that angle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. I didn't remove the resonator as it'd require some modifying. If there were flanges on both sides, i could have a test pipe made and replace it when I want to, but if cutting and welding is involved, i'd rather not.

Whats next...fog lights or Tech package bodykit...

·
Registered
330 Posts

I had the Stillen exhaust raised so it no longer scrapes over speed bumps. It makes a nice noise and highway acceleration has improved. However, the improvement is so small, I barely notice a difference.

:18:
Great V. Thanks for the photos. Unfortunately for all of us, any power improvement will always be negated because of the mr18de being weak in the torque department. Our peak torque happens @ 4800 rpm. The Qg engines peak in the mid 2000s. I don't know about you all but I rarely hit 4800 rpm. My theory to all of this is a turbo upgrade probably would not hurt the engine since it's compression ratio is pretty low in the first place. My .02 that's all don't get angry lol. Ciao.

·
Registered
927 Posts
o_O you rarely hit 4800 rpm thats strange :( i always hit 5800 rpm i think but its pretty close to 6000rpm lol but cruising im in 2500~3000 rpm...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did you put the spring pads back in when you changed to the Tanabes? It wouldn't make much of a difference, but it might explain why your a lil lower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts