Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the tile says my front passenger side door is stuck shut and will not unlock. I assume it is a electrical issue as the door lock itself will not move between the unlock and locked position. The door handle itself moves fine but this is where the issue lies. How in heck am I to get in to fix the door if its stuck shut!?!?

Any assistance in how I would be able to get the door open so I can properly diagnose the issue would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Long story short you can remove the seat then door cover and access the guts inside. I believe the seat bolts are a t45 bolt.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
'I assume it is a electrical issue as the door lock itself will not move between the unlock and locked position.'

I would be looking at that, the door lock is cable operated with electric assist..................it's showing you the latch assembly at back of door itself is seized up.

This on the '11 model. That sort of problem usually shows up in stages, waiting until it locks up totally is a failure choice and often involves more damage fixing it. Yours and do what you will, just sayin'...............

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similiar problem but it is my front driver side door. I cannot get it to unlock. COBB what do you mean take out the seat.

I cannot get the door cover off to see what is inside. What do you do.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Undo the 4 bolts that hold the seat in. Then you can better access the sidepanel of the door and once that is removed you can access the guts and pop it open.

The seat in my 2016 S Sedan uses 3 bolts and a t45 or 47 bolt. You can use the torex socket for all 4 if you like.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Maybe something here though rear instead of front.................

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/other-automotive-discussion/36521-door-wont-unlock.html

These cars seem to have a lot of door latch issues. What happens when you substitute dinky little motors or solenoids to do what a big beefy unlock link did and forever in the '60s and '70s. The Fords I work on do the same stupid little thing. On those I learned to disassemble the door latches to repair them for pennies at $150 each OEM replacement cost. I'll be doing the same here eventually it sounds like.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Another option is to try your dealer or a lock smith.

Hell, if you have AAA they will pop it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts