Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at geeting new rims for my 2011 versa hatch. Been scouring the internet for best places and prices - I live in Toronto Canada. I have come across Discount Tire - and the website says they ship for free. Has anyone used them? Good Experience? Suggestions for other options?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Always nice to see more GTA members on the forums.

I bought my rims & tires from Discount Tire Direct. It does say free shipping, but if you try and have it shipped to Canada they will tack on a duty charge (which was very pricey). Your option is to ship to CBI in Buffalo NY & then cross the border to pick them up.

My 17" Falken Tire & Konig rims: mounted, balanced & with lug nuts, came to $900 CDN from Discount Tire Direct ... I had them ship it to Buffalo NY to avoid the extra duty charges.

FYI: Tonight is our monthly MI (Micro Image) Coffee meet @ Krispy Kreme in Mississauga :) We meet around 7ish ... feel free to join us!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually travelling to the US soon so your suggestion just might work. Did you look around before settling on Discount tire and how did they compare with anything else you checked out? Thanks

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I looked on so many websites, and when I found those rims on DTT I just went with them. I placed my order over the phone and the individual who helped me was extremely helpful and friendly. I would very much recommend them to anyone looking to buy rims and tires.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have bought 6 sets of wheels/tires from Discount Tire Direct and they are great to deal with. Once they had actually installed one of the tires backwards on the wheel (directional tire), I just called them and told them what happened and they said no problem, take it to any shop and have them switch it around and call them back and let them know how much it was. I did that and they refunded that amount x2 for the hassle.

I always have my things from the States shipped to USAddress Inc. in Niagara Falls NY. I can get there in about 25 minutes from home, and is roughly half the distance as Buffalo. Plus then you can grab something to eat at the Brickyard in Lewiston :).

One thing... DO NOT try to evade duty charges by installing the new wheels/tires across the border and not claiming them. They know what your car looked like going over and its not hard to tell if you are rocking brand new wheels/tires on the way back. Not saying that you would think to try this, but just in case you did, don't lol.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Lotsa awesome advice^^^

How was MI meet??? Couldn't make it :(

edit AHA found the new GTA thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.