Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the next 2 weeks so nice im diving in. Rims are going on today. Can't wait. If it happens to snow i can always drive the jeep to work. Or risk the ride. Its only 1.6Km from home to work lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i wanna put my summer rims back on today but i'm too chicken after getting stuck last year lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
i am sooooo glad i didn't buy snow tires/rims this winter...it has mostly been in the 40's and we've only had some dustings....
I put the Kuhmo snows on last November and just pulled them off last Friday. Only had two storms in that time frame in the Boston area. Looked at the 10 weather forecast and it looks good. Rolling the dice :woot:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Always thought about roof racks. I'm just taking off the front wheel of the Cannondale and sliding it in form the rear door on the HB. Plus cover the rear seat with a towel for the front sprocket grease .
A good investment for sure, I love my thule racks for carrying my snowboard, and will be using them this summer for my Kayak/Bikes.

Definitely not leaving it on all the time, just kills gas mileage. Seeing about 50km less distance per tank.

Jbeau, if my wheels go on tonight its your fault! :biggrinjester: I had already been thinking about it and this was all I needed to see. Plus, if I put them on and it happens to snow (not likely), then I have other vehicles at my disposal.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Yeah I have decided to just take it off when I'm not using it, it only takes 5 minutes tops to put it on so its not worth the decreased mileage.
Ya the mileage does decrease slightly ... plus the whistling noise from my bike mount is quite annoying. However, once I have someone tighten the roof racks on they are not coming off until the Fall. Hoping to put the racks on today after work.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ya the mileage does decrease slightly ... plus the whistling noise from my bike mount is quite annoying. However, once I have someone tighten the roof racks on they are not coming off until the Fall. Hoping to put the racks on today after work.
You get that noise too? Its SO ANNOYING! I think its cause we have sunroofs though. Mine came off after a month. I couldnt stand the noise any more.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
You get that noise too? Its SO ANNOYING! I think its cause we have sunroofs though. Mine came off after a month. I couldnt stand the noise any more.
I only started getting the whistling noise once the actual bike mount was attached to the cross bars. The bars themselves mounted up there are quiet.

The noise is annoying, but I can't do the hitch or trunk mount, so I just have to get used to it, lol.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well I put my summer wheels on today. Car actually handles pretty good with the wider tires, strut tower braces and springs :).

Also installed my AEM CAI. Small improvement in acceleration, and it sounds awesome WOT.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i cant put mine on yet, dang :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.