Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for those of you that didnt know i recently got my hub-caps stolen off my versa, so right now ive been driving around on the stock steel rims that have the powder coat black matte paint. Well after glossing them up and no luck i finally found a trick to make them look semi decent!
supplies:
1) water
2) old Rag
3) clean rag
4) WD40 or Brake Clean
5) drying wrag or polishing rag

Steps:
1) Spray rim with water
2) take an old rag and just get everything off the surface and make clean
3) take a can of WD40 (OR BRAKE CLEAN WD40 WORKS BETTER) and a lighter....(JUST KIDDING DONT DO THAT)
but no take the can and spray it around the rims on all the surfaces and take your clean polishing rag and wipe and rub it in almost like waxing your rims with the WD40 or Brake clean.
4) step back and enjoy that shine.

-----

whats nice about this is it also makes a nice layer to help make clean up of your rims easier next time... I use this trick on my frame on my jeep i spray it because it makes a layer and makes the mud easier to spray off and i decided to try it on my rims to make them shiny and it worked!

HAVE FUN

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I NEEED TO SO BAD!
but i gottta clean her again,
she got dirty from school!

=(

·
Registered
452 Posts
theirs nothing wrong with driving around without yer hubcaps man it lowers the chances of the popo thinking your a ricer

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go check out my profile and look at my albums..

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I removed my hub-caps and I actually believe it looks better without them. Here's my Versa...

Painted my steel wheels with Dupli-Color Engine Enamel.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Looks pretty good. Matches your black door handles.

I'm using the stock rims/tires too. I have no plans to replace those anytime
soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I tried it myself too, lol. I was rotating my tires and thought, hey, why not take a pic like this..... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
What did you do with the rusty axle on the steelies i know you painted it but is there any type of cap that would work? I like the look of the steelies but would love to have a little cap in the middle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What did you do with the rusty axle on the steelies i know you painted it but is there any type of cap that would work? I like the look of the steelies but would love to have a little cap in the middle.
I want to figure something out for that too. Thats the only bad part about steelies.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
wish I could dip my steelies in chrome real cheap but for that price I could get me better wheels.

I guess I could remove the wheel covers off but I don't know if I want to..
drive around....showing my Nutz :blush2:

J/k :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Keep it with the steelies, looks much cleaner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts