Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a pain that was! I guess I had the premium sound system because there where five plugs connected to my 6 disc OEM HU. After 3 harnesses from Amazon, one from Wal-Mart, and one from Pep-Boys, Crutchfield finally came through all I had to hook up was one cable and the antenna.

I got a Pioneer FH-X700BT For $121 off of Amazon. Pretty cheap for a double din with blue tooth plus it is a Pioneer. I put it in last night so far it is sounding awesome. Radio is a tad bit fuzzy though I tried a better ground (it is tough to find a good ground on the Versa I must say). But Here it is!

Mary

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats a sweet head unit, double dins just have that clean look to them

·
Registered
638 Posts
Very nice. As for ground, I put mine to the metal frame the radio screws into

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem with the "fuzzy radio" was that I didn't realize that the antenna is electronic so I hadn't soldered that wire in and presto amazing radio too!

I am at a year out on this stereo and I LOVE it! Was the best $120 I have spent so far on Rocky!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good ground? Dash framework is perfect.

·
Registered
527 Posts
@p.a versanote i got the 2014 versa double din kit and no luck it doesnt extend to the sides of the double din and cover the gap
Almjr, just a clarification (curious since I'm considering a double din head in the future).

I understand that the radio you installed leaves about a 1/4 inch gap on each side. Did you try getting one of the BestKits trim pieces to cover this gap as PAVersaNote suggested? And if so, how did it work?

Just a little confused by your last comment. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@jas32 i got the double din kit which was the metra kit for the 2007 and up which when i tried to install it it didnt even fit on the double din radio. now i didnt get a oversized double din dash kit which that might be the reason it didnt work.

i have tried it yet but i will within the next few weeks after iorder it and see if it works. im going to have to look into getting the oversized double din kit to see if that resolves the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.