Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a used '05 Maxima 3.5L V6 with 32k miles. I rode in his car around the block, it has a very powerful engine, sounds really clean. Turning radius isn't as good as the Versa but it made me jealous right away. I really want to get a faster car now. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
927 Posts
maxima is a step down from the skylines or gt-r so i doubt it will be slow and sluggish but yeah compare to the skylines they are because of the tuned suspension and transmission... well if you want to get a maxima and you cant afford the 2009 model get the 2002 model with VQ35DE ^_^v IMO though dont get too jealous wait till 2012 since the car production is targeting heavily on lower fuel consumption with higher horse power :p i remember back in 1999 i was jealous of the 140 hp civic but now i have a versa hehehe...

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
my friend had an '02 Maxima, and man was that thing was fast....
My cousin had the same year. It was an auto but still felt great. I love every max. I really always wanted a 98 SE.

Maxima fast? I was always under the impression they were heavy and sluggish.....
They are heavy and not fast in comparison to some cars today. But the VQ engine makes great power throughout the whole rpms. The newer 3.7 or the HR models I here feel like a whole new animal.

maxima is a step down from the skylines or gt-r so i doubt it will be slow and sluggish but yeah compare to the skylines they are because of the tuned suspension and transmission... well if you want to get a maxima and you cant afford the 2009 model get the 2002 model with VQ35DE ^_^v IMO though dont get too jealous wait till 2012 since the car production is targeting heavily on lower fuel consumption with higher horse power :p i remember back in 1999 i was jealous of the 140 hp civic but now i have a versa hehehe...
Not sure how your comparing a maxima to a GT-R? They don't share anything in common other then the "nissan name". I here you on the being jelous back in the day of high power civics. I was rolling in a 92hp CRX for a bit.

you mean torque steer? it is a typical problem among high horsepower FWD cars....
torque steer does suck. But with LSD and throttle control it can be managed.

Yeah man, when I turb'd my Satria I had major troubles keeping it straight off the line :S
Nothing like getting ready to launch and you have to turn your wheel to the left just to go straight :)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.