Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My roof is getting rust pits as mentioned before. Dealer said 500.00 to sand / paint it. Which I think is crazy. It was other cars that caused the damage. So my options are few. Like the carbon fiber top, or maybe a fixed moonroof. I don't want leaks so I would shop around for a good installer. I don't want a sunroof too many problems I hear. Probably get the windows tinted at the same time. Basically getting the car taken care of. My tires leak after a hard frost so I need to address that. One thread mentioned that if you look for a sunroof from like vehicle in salvage yard, you cut off existing roof and replace the whole roof/ sunroof assembly. Seems to stop the leaking theory by using the whole shell. Anyway what do you think. CF or moonroof. Thanks.

P.S. CF roof makes more sense cuz anymore pitting will nip that in the bud.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Im thinking I will buy a black vinyl for my roof. This way itll be protected from rock chips and wont cost 500 dollars plus then possibly getting new rock chips in the future..just my opinion though

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im thinking I will buy a black vinyl for my roof. This way itll be protected from rock chips and wont cost 500 dollars plus then possibly getting new rock chips in the future..just my opinion though
Man, I thought I wrote that haha. Same here. CF when my house closes. I'll be broke but I'm happy.- Cat Stevens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.