Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan in March, but have since discovered that Nissan (nor Thule or Yakima) offer a roof rack for it. I need a roof rack system for my kayak.

There are roof racks available for everything up through 2011, but NOT for the 2012 model. I did contact Nissan directly, and yeah, they really do not offer a roof rack for the 2012 Versa Sedan.

Any ideas? I like the car very much, but I never would have bought it if I had known there was no roof rack system available for it.

I don't want to trade it in. I just want to be able to stick a kayak on top!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't want to trade it in. I just want to be able to stick a kayak on top!
You could always revert to the old standby... foam blocks. They aren't as good as roof racks, but they will work!

Heres my setup:

And heres my setup for trips...

Maybe you could do something like if you get some 1" square stock steel pieces, put them on foam blocks and then put your kayak on top of them, and tie your boat down at the front and back of your car, and tie the boat to the square stock. Even drill a couple holes in it a pop a few eye bolts in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.