Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed some Tiida's have the older style "boxes" style grill, and the Tiida Sport have sort of a factory body kit. Can someone from abroad enlighten me on the appearance options for various markets, there always seems to be more extensive options for the ROW market. I'd love to get the Tiida grill, i love that box style grill way more than what came on North American Versa's. It seems those Tiida's also have a different hood, and bumper (maybe more). The center part of the grill is part of the bumper, or maybe it's part of the grill and just body colored, hard to tell on pics.

Image #15 - NISSAN TIIDA SPORT

That site has a bunch of pics of the grill i'm talking about. That just straight blacked out no chrome strips would really improve the look of my Versa, and i'd probably be the only one in Ontario to have it. Can't seem to find it on eBay, i wonder if my local dealer could special order that from abroad.

Why does the ROW get so much more flavorful Tiida's/Versa's?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
5mph crash bumpers that's why.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emailed Bob about where he got his bumpers. I'm pretty sure he has both front and rear JDM/ROW bumpers. Why haven't more people pursued this? The redesign for the US/North America gimped the whole car look, they put those stupid ass "dimples" on each corner of each bumper. Retarded.

Did find one on eBay.

Nissan Tiida Latio 2005 Front Bumper Assembly 3010100 | eBay

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
people in the past have attempted this but most give up. I think everything was different. You needed hood, bumper, bumper support, grills, possibly even lights and fenders though I'm not sure on those. Most found it easier to just get a lip, aftermarket bumper or just the sport/SL bumper.

I like the euro and asian bumpers msyelf. Tiida's look much better than Versa's. But after looking into the cost and availability of the parts I too would just opt for a US sport bumper and custom grill.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi robj80,
I am running into these issues with my '14 Versa Note, as well. I am wishing to externally have my hatch look like the UK model of the Note. I am finding that no one wants to ship large parts to the US. The costs of these parts (front fascia, rear bumper and chrome foglight surrounds) are just insane! I am going to see how close I can get with US Versa Note SR trim parts.
Just picked up my SR black crosshatch pattern grill, today.
I hope it is easy to swap out!

Know if anybody has posted a Versa Note grill removal tutorial?
Thanks!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi robj80,
I am running into these issues with my '14 Versa Note, as well. I am wishing to externally have my hatch look like the UK model of the Note. I am finding that no one wants to ship large parts to the US. The costs of these parts (front fascia, rear bumper and chrome foglight surrounds) are just insane! I am going to see how close I can get with US Versa Note SR trim parts.
Just picked up my SR black crosshatch pattern grill, today.
I hope it is easy to swap out!

Thanks!
as far as i know, the US SR trim is exactly the same outer appearance wise as the euro spec Note, the SR trim should already come with the chrome surrounds for the fog lights and everything else that you seem to be looking for other than the interior which for some stupid reason, nissan thought it would be better to give us an interior that doesnt cost that much less than the euro spec Note. as for the grill removal, it is listed in the service manual that is posted up here on this site, a quick search should give you some results.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi robj80,
Thanks!
Page 4 of this PDF shows some detail on how to remove the grill on a Note. I have done this to do the fog light installation (see below). Essentially, I just followed the instructions.
www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/diskdocs/1/U/A/1UA14.PDF

I detailed the fog lamp installation on this thread:
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/ex...ctory-accessory-fog-light-kit-their-note.html

You can also refer to the service manual:
Nissan Versa Factory Service Manuals

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.