Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering if this happened/happening to anyone : when gettin out of gear the rpm lowers but lingers above 1000 rpm for several seconds before going into idle.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Had this happen with several of my cars, but not my diesels. I've never been concerned about it. Can't remember if it happens in my V cuz i usually down shift. Will check V later. I'm kind of assuming it's not a big deal tho.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya im not that concerned too but if its a part they can change under warranty ... Its just annoying sometimes at a stop when i clutch down it jerks abit when release in first...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same type of occurrences in mine. The car sounds fine and I don't hear any odd vibrations when it happens. I think it's just the flywheel maintaining it's momentum before the friction takes over and slows it down to idle completely. I could be wrong and that's what I think it is. Ultimately, I think its fine but do update if anything comes up. This could be something I need to watch for.

·
Registered
691 Posts
When reading up on lightweight flywheels for these motors it was mentioned that the flywheel in these cars are intentionally heavy for better driveability with new/inexperienced manual transmission drivers. Just rev your Versa up and see how long it takes to come back down to idle, it's nuts. Versaspeed says the OEM is like 30.4 LB's or something like that, and their lightweight one is 11 or so. Frankly i'm just waiting for either my tranny or clutch needing replacement as an excuse to put that lightweight flywheel in there. Deffinitely more responsive then! Then again, i also just sunk $2500 in more parts for my 928 S4 project car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Engine rpm stays up after releasing the clutch to avoid backfiring its common on most manuals now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
jswilson1987
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing