Nissan Versa Forums banner

rust on rims...uggh

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  JoshG 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with rustoleum rust remover? Did it work? I have rust like crazy on my rims and it peeks out from behind my hubcaps making the car look so ugly. I just bought some but havent used it yet. I'm really hoping to not only remove the rust but prevent it from returning period.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Rustoleum is good stuff. Primer and base will do the job.
I ended up trying it out and the one i picked said no primer needed. It came out sooooo good....:wiggle: I'll post some pics!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
results

It makes it look so much better, despite the cheapo hubcaps :chuckle:

Attachments

Discussion starter · #8 ·
That looks great! I was contemplating on getting mesh style hubcaps myself lol. Dunno if im ok with the fake look though.
Thank you. Yea i wasn't sure about the fake look either but it looks better than nothing being on their for sure.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Im surprised your rims rusted so soon, how bad are the roads? We gotta suffer salt in the winter and surely enough steelies rust really quick here.
I was surprised too! The weather is HOT HOT HOT for the most part, 99 today. We get alot of rain from time to time but thats it. no salt down here. I've been looking at other versa's around here and none look as bad as mine go figure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.