Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard of the rusted hood trend? Im well aware it's an older VW thing but I've seen pics of rusted hoods on VW's, BMW's and Hondas/Acuras. Post your input/pics about this trend...

I'll start:

all rusted out > rusted hood only :driving:

In my opinion it doesn't look bad. I wouldn't do it, just think it's funny but to each it's own.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always thought they were hoods rescued from cars that had caught fire?:confused5:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Funny... My 96 civ needed a new hood... I got one made in china... It had black paint (or so I thought)... 6 weeks of outside temperature and my hood looked exactly as those posted above

This was 5yrs ago.. And can't believe this is now a trend... Hopefully just a fad

·
Registered
452 Posts
ugh guys yer slightly wrong about this lol its all started with rat rods... look at half of them and you will see that they dont sand and prime and paint them to keep them up they do it the old style this has been around alot longer its just like shallots started with old school rods but how many people even know what shallots are? for all the females here, shallots are more or less what 90% of chicks get on their rear ends nowadays lmao.
http://image.hotrod.com/f/9642681/hdrp_0510_real_10_z+vintage_hot_rods+34_ford+side_view.jpg

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Im not a fan of the rusted look, it's ugly and doesn't make sense to me. If I want a rusted vehicle, I will get a beat up vehicle and let it rust to hell instead of an 'artificial' rust one. :2cents:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Iuno, it's kinda growing on me.:ashamed:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
If you guys want rust, we can send some over. Chuckie has some he can spare, and we just shaved all the rust off the Mazda on Sunday. I'd be glad to share ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts