Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Versa is covered in the salt brime mixture they put down on the roads, and it's driving me nuts. What do you guys do for a quick clean? My local dealership offers free car washes to me for life but it's not exactly close to my house and all the automatic washes are always crowded and full plus pricey.

There is a local do it yourself place up the street, I'm thinking of just going and rinsing off the stuff with water for a dollar, I know it's not going to be super clean but is it worth it? The roads in my area are still plenty covered in the stuff so It's more than likely going to get back on my car but for the time being what's the best option for a cheap skate like me. lol

What are some facts and myth about the salt brime mixture? Does it actually start eating away at the car? What's the best option in your experience, this is my first real car purchase and I would like to keep her is good condition as I can. Thanks for any tips and suggestions dealing with this stuff.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I always just do the self wash if I cant wash my car by hand or with Wet Paint....even though I dont like using pressure washers. Usually it costs me like $3.

Ignore all the settings, I just start with Soap, then wax, and then spot free rinse. Pre-rinse, tire cleaner, etc. are a waste of money. The only thing that sucks is you cant get the underside of the car clean unless you do an automatic wash.

If you don't think road salt makes a difference look at the underside of vehicle from Florida compared to one in Illinois. Rustbucket vs rust free is the difference.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
oh yeah salt eats my cars like lunch. that's why i can't wait to get my hands on a jdm r34...most [not all] are in better condition than my V is now :D
tip: i use under-oil spray, it helped keep my trade value up on my old van
^good tips from versa12 too

·
Registered
440 Posts
Once it warms up, I will be washing the underside of the vehicle and putting multiple layers of engine enamel clear coat paint to help protect it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts