Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with 16" wheels because imo 17" look a little big on the Note. The wheels I want aren't out yet so it gives me plenty of time to save up, because the wheels have an msrp starting at $550 per wheel. :grin

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've decided to go with 16" wheels because imo 17" look a little big on the Note. The wheels I want aren't out yet so it gives me plenty of time to save up, because the wheels have an msrp starting at $550 per wheel. :grin
Whoa! What kind of wheels are those? I'd like to see them. Have some pics to share?

I thought about going to 17's but I did not want to compromise the ride, so I went with the stock size (195/55-16) Kumho PA31 but with a 1 inch wider (16x7) wheel.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Whoa! What kind of wheels are those? I'd like to see them. Have some pics to share?

I thought about going to 17's but I did not want to compromise the ride, so I went with the stock size (195/55-16) Kumho PA31 but with a 1 inch wider (16x7) wheel.
ride quality not compromised one bit here on my 17's, but mine are ultra light weight competition rims so that could be the difference. for me i just could not go with 16's as there is a lot less tire selection than 17's and the michelin pilot super sports i was looking at didnt come in 16" size. i know some will say you can find a 17" tire that fits on a 16" rim, but for me i would rather have proper fitment instead of trying to make a tire fit on a rim it wasnt meant for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My wish list consists of 17" light weight wheels, like 15lb range. That would be a weight savings over the stocks, and actually help MPG. Thats a great way to justify the cost in my head. >:D Wifey wont buy into that though. Enkei has some nice stuff like that for less than $200 a wheel. Some 15" OEM aluminum wheels would be nice too. That would be a subtle upgrade that would maintain a low-key look.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My wish list consists of 17" light weight wheels, like 15lb range. That would be a weight savings over the stocks, and actually help MPG. Thats a great way to justify the cost in my head. >:D Wifey wont buy into that though. Enkei has some nice stuff like that for less than $200 a wheel. Some 15" OEM aluminum wheels would be nice too. That would be a subtle upgrade that would maintain a low-key look.
I doubt fuel economy would be improved with 17's. I don't think it would suffer either, but don't expect to see any gains in mpg.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lightweight wheels will do wonders on handling but nothing on MPG (as Dude Baker has mentioned). Tire choice will be a bigger factor on MPG though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i know some will say you can find a 17" tire that fits on a 16" rim, but for me i would rather have proper fitment instead of trying to make a tire fit on a rim it wasnt meant for.
Sorry to bring up an old post but I thought a comment is appropriate on this topic. While it may be physically possible to mount a wrong sized tire on a specific rim size, the tire's bead will not properly seat on the rim and will be totally unsafe. Bottom line, don't even think about it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the 15" sport package OEM wheels, there are light and I find them attractive. They are even made in Italy (oh, ah), but not particularly wide (5.5"). They may become the winter wheels if we go that route or I start driving the car more (wife's DD for now).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They look amazing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
RedAlertV
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing