Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done a seafoam cleaning yet? can someone do a tutorial with pictures on how to perform this task? or can someone take a picture of where the hose is, that is used to suck up the seafoam. thanks

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
has anyone done a seafoam cleaning yet? can someone do a tutorial with pictures on how to perform this task? or can someone take a picture of where the hose is, that is used to suck up the seafoam. thanks
The link he provided is really good information, like said in the link, you will want to change oil afterwords, and yeah i usually fouled up plugs as well. But it seams to work great though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
SeaFoam is simple!

Just be sure to NEVER EVER to let the vehicle die while performing the service or you could bend valves.

For me, I divide SeaFoam into 3 cups. I put 2 in the gas tank and SLOWLY let the the engine suck in the Seafoam through the brake booster line. When you unhook the BB line the car will idle low and high constantly. After letting it suck up 1/3, shut the car off and let it sit AT LEAST 15 minutes. Restart, rev motor like crazy and watch smoke pour out.

I do not trust putting it in the crankcase, especially on a vehicle with 50k miles or more. I have seen motors destroyed because all of the sudden the sludge becomes dislodged in the motor and clogs the oil filter or oil pump and results in death of the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.