Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a used 2014 Versa Note SV and have noticed that the red seat belt icon stays
on for the passenger unless I click the belt in. The icon for the air bag for the
passenger seat goes off when my better half sits there. Which is a good thing.
Not a real big thing for the icon, but was hoping to see if anyone else had/has that
problem and how to get rid of it. Thanks for any advice/help you could supply.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
287 Posts
Years ago I had a Honda where the seatbelt buzzer would off with no one in the passenger seat. There was no rhyme or reason as to when it would go off, so I couldn't figure out the problem.
My solution... I went to the local junkyard and cut the buckle portion out of wrecked Honda and plugged that into the seatbelt receiver. When I had a passenger, I had to remove that buckle so the person could belt in.
This isn't the correct way to fix it, but it was the cheapest.
This was an older vehicle without airbags, so I didn't have that icon... just a stupid buzzer going off for no reason.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Actually it could be for the airbag for the passenger side also. The weight sensor in the seat not only monitors if the seat belt is buckled, but also powers on (so to speak) the airbag so that it can be deployed if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The airbag icon goes off when someone is sitting on the passenger side. The red seat belt goes off when the belt is clicked in. Glad it does engage the airbag. Just curious that it does this. Thanks. M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts