Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first post here. I got a used 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV, it was a fleet car. So it has some nicks and scratches, which I am fine.
A bit fender bender at the back which they kind of fixed. You can't see it from the back. Just when you open the trunk, you just notice some screws to tighten up the panels.

My main question is that when I get into the car and buckle up, the seat belt light is still on. It won't turn off until the front passenger seat belt is buckle up too.
I didn't notice this when I was testing out the car, because the car salesman was sitting and buckled up. So the light was off.

No engine light and I got an obd scanner and no codes came up.
I have a feeling that the front passenger seat sensor is broken, so it thinks someone is sitting on it.

What do you guys think?
It has 27k miles on it, would Nissan Warranty cover this?

thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
This is my first post here. I got a used 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV, it was a fleet car. So it has some nicks and scratches, which I am fine.
A bit fender bender at the back which they kind of fixed. You can't see it from the back. Just when you open the trunk, you just notice some screws to tighten up the panels.

My main question is that when I get into the car and buckle up, the seat belt light is still on. It won't turn off until the front passenger seat belt is buckle up too.
I didn't notice this when I was testing out the car, because the car salesman was sitting and buckled up. So the light was off.

No engine light and I got an obd scanner and no codes came up.
I have a feeling that the front passenger seat sensor is broken, so it thinks someone is sitting on it.

What do you guys think?
It has 27k miles on it, would Nissan Warranty cover this?

thanks,
Kevin
Just wondering if you ever got any answers about this problem. I have a 2015 versa with the same thing happening.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The seat sensor would be a good place to start. I would also look at the harness under the seat for any damage.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The OCS may be messed up, an expensive weight computer that weighs the passenger to determine the airbag detonation amount for adult or child there. OCS is the 'occupant classification system', there is a computer under the passenger seat hooked to a pad with weight sensors in seat bottom; that setup is part of the seat and $$$$$$$$$$ changing it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you tried buckling the seat belt on the passengers side when there's no one in the seat to see if this will turn the light off?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The OCS may be messed up, an expensive weight computer that weighs the passenger to determine the airbag detonation amount for adult or child there. OCS is the 'occupant classification system', there is a computer under the passenger seat hooked to a pad with weight sensors in seat bottom; that setup is part of the seat and $$$$$$$$$$ changing it.
It may be cheaper for you to just get a seat from an auto recycler/wrecker. You can get a matching seat with OCS and airbag for $200 or less. .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts