Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as im pretty sure everyone may realise by not stock seats suck especially if you corner real hard my question is does anyone know if 350z seats will work and where i might be able to get them for 2-300 or anything you would recommend that close to dimension of the Z seat u know a bucket seat with small top so does not look crazy?

if you do please post pics with suggestions and if possible links of where i can buy within budget

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was looking into this also. I have a bud that has 350 seats he wants to upgrade. When I looked into this swap...I noticed a few things.

The 350z seat rails are almost straight flat. The rear tabs look to be close to the stock Versa ones. The Front rails look like they may need some adjustments. So this will lower your seat position ~4 inches. Also the floor in the Versa is raised with foam. So where your feet sit is actually on ~2inches of foam. This can get very tricky to mount a seat.

All that said, it looks like the seating position may move a bit too much for my liking. Unless you can make some brackets to raise the 350Z seats up ~2 inches or so.

I did lower my seats on my Evo8 about 1.5 inches and it is great. (used brackets to modify the OEM rails)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that sounds about perfect if it is about a inch or 2 lower cause call me crazy but i think it also sits alittle 2 high feel like f250 ranch seats or something lol i literary falling out the window on a good corner, so how abt the connections air bag sensors and so on is all that do able with the 350z seats?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well if you mount the seat, or try to. it will be 4 inches lower. That is going to make the pedals uncomfortable. So you will have to figure out how to raise this.

AS far as the AirBag lights.... 2 things. They may plug in. If not there are some modifications using a resistor to by-pass this seat sensor. Lots of the G35 and 350Z guys do it when they install upgraded seats.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it i will check into the resistor thing but not sure cause i unplugs sensor while looking for ground and now airbag light flashes by fuel gauage they said it does not affect anything(nissan said) its just telling u that it was unplugged unfortunately there is only one way to clear that and with a obd3 scanner( thats what the technician actually said) and weather or not u under warranty it 95 to clear it which i think is bs let me know taughts.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
you can clear it with the above procedure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.