Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Nissan Versa Sedan equipped with the manual transmission. I’ve had it for a couple of months now. I just hit 1,000 miles on the car. I am wanting to know other owners point of views on when to shift up. I have a 1994 Honda Accord (also a manual) that i shift at 3k rpms. The Nissan Versa seems to have a smaller 5th gear which hits 3k going 60 mph. Will driving on the interstate for long periods of time reduce the car’s lifespan (since the speed limit is 70, and therefore i am over the 3k rounds per minute for long periods of time.)? My accord hits 3k at 70mph... just wanted to know everyone’s opinions on when to shift up and the long term effect of driving on the interstate going 70 in 5th gear at 3.5-4k rpms in the versa. I do have cruise control equipped on this 2019 versa s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
3k i shift then.... im in california. im always going 75 to 80.. so the rpm is at least 3.5k.... its a bummer but so far after 114k miles on this 3 year old car no problems,!

·
Registered
266 Posts
3000rpm isn't unusual for a small car, small engine in 5th gear at highway speeds. The 5MT in the 2014 Subaru Crosstrek I had was about the same in that regard.

You've only hit 1000mi in a few MONTHS of ownership? Low mileage for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I usually shift around 3000 rpm unless I need speed. These are small engines designed to rev so running at 4000+ on the highway is just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have 80 MPH speed limits! Can't say what that'll do for longevity, but this car doesn't seem thrilled about the speed. : /

1 - 6 of 6 Posts