Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've seen pictures of this before but I can't seem to to find any now.. this is basically a small lip spoiler that follows the curve of the roof once the window starts. Its about 3 inches wide. I can't find any online so now I'm thinking about making one myself.

Here's the plan: I'm gonna use a sheet of abs plastic to make the long strip for the spoiler itself and the side pieces will look like little triangles. Ill use fiberglass/bondo to attach the side pieces and make it all look like one piece. Then ill primer it and either go with a flat black or body color. Double sided tape to attach it and we're done!

So what do you think? Ill do a search for some pics later and see if I can add one to this post so you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. Also, if you do know what I'm talking about and have a link to where I can find something like this, that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sounds like a plan, Don't see why it wouldn't work. Plus it saves you the hassle of having to drill into your car's roof. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its going to mount on the rear window, so shouldn't be a problem if I ever want to remove, just use a razor blade and scrape the double sided tape off the glass. I'm probably gonna do this after I get back from vacation, all I have to do is buy the sheet of abs plastic, a can of body filler, whatever paint I want to use, and a saw blade that can cut the plastic cleanly. Shouldn't cost more than $30 or $35 (with any luck)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That picture is exactly what I was talking about, but the ebay listing looks like something different. Plus its almost $90. Id rather do the diy on the cheap and get exactly what I want. Haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.