Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a commuter.

Saw Versas at Hertz for $10,500, 2012 SV models with 35k miles.

1) Is this a good deal or
2) Should I cosndier a 2014 model instread?

Where are the SoCal members getting deals on new Versas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bought my Versa 2010 HB on the Hertz Rent2Buy website. It had 21k miles and was loaded. It was listed $5000 below KBB. I've now owned it 3 years. It was covered on the warranty until 36k miles. The only things I did are new tires, new wipers, and oil changes. I had one warranty claim with a bad CV boot which was replaced free of charge at the dealership. I ended up putting in better headlights and replacing the factory radio with a USB one. I also replaced the air filter and indoor air flow filter. That's it. I suggest taking the car for the 3 day rental/test drive and having a mechanic check it out. Also, check for any pulling on the steering wheel. I am very pleased and will buy from Hertz again. New ones loaded are much more expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
My brother paid almost $13K for a 2013 S (base model...wanted manual transmission) and the SV is the next model up so I'd say its a good deal. What's the warranty on it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine came with electronic door locks and windows. Cruise control and many upgrades. Yes, it was a rental car. However, it was broken in and hopefully Hertz fixed any reported problems with it. A final note. Rental cars typically have paint marks on the bumper due to luggage and a few other cosmetic issues. No big deal though. I priced a new one with all my options and it was about $20,000. I got my car for $11,400.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
As long as you're happy with it, go for it! You can't go wrong with these cars as far as reliability goes. there's maybe less than 2% who have had serious issues with their cars here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.