Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I've never had a project thread before, but today was such a nice day I had to take advantage and do something outside. I can't keep my car looking stock like everyone elses that i see on the road so..here it is!

CHEAP GHETTO tail light tint job, used leftovers from the windows haha. not too shabby looking though!

·
Registered
656 Posts
looks good, welcome!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
looking good what are the rest of the plans for it

·
Registered
643 Posts
I like the look of tinted lights...I love blacked out cars (but I can never do it to mine since I also like safety and to be seen since I carry my kids in my car...) it looks really good!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice, welcome to the forums

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome to the forums, nice looking V. Keep it up

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
it is a great car for those that can see it, these cars have great possibility remeber every little bit counts. and no matter what anybody else thinks if you like it go for it.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments guys! I don't really have any real mods planned yet, since I just bought this car not even a week ago, I wanted to know what voids warranty and whatnot?

I'd like to buy some lowering springs since i'm seeing new struts really isnt required, but that would void the warranty right?

I think i'm going for a black and silver theme here, so I'd like to put a black vinyl later on the roof to black that out, and maybe some new hubcaps I can paint gunmetal haha. Not trying to put too much money into it just yet either! So far I'm loving this car though :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments guys! I don't really have any real mods planned yet, since I just bought this car not even a week ago, I wanted to know what voids warranty and whatnot?

I'd like to buy some lowering springs since i'm seeing new struts really isnt required, but that would void the warranty right?
only the part you change isnt covered by warranty so if you replace the springs they wont bee covered or the shocks/struts they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused a fallure to not cover anything else like you put a CAI on and the motor goes they have to prove the CAI caused it to not cover it. hope this makes sence

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does make sense, and that's great news. Once I adjust to making payments for this car and my bank account starts looking decent, I'm sure new mods will come :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just went through the whole process of deciding what to and not to do to my car to avoid voiding the warranty. As far as 'bolt-on' items like a CAI, window tint, and HIDs won't really void it, unless, like hemi said they would have to prove that the aftermarket stuff caused the fault.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Tinting my rear window was horrible, so I found a guy who re-did all of my windows and my parents cars for a great price.

Professional tint job now! wooo!

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome! i just got mine within a week ago! i've wondered about all these things, as well! i might hold off until later to make sure i get the max value of that warranty. but hey, in a few years, hopefully when i have a garage somewhere, the game is on.

:wave:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Small update:

As some of you saw in this picture already, I blacked out the bottom of the front bumper with some carbon fiber vinyl I picked up at a local auto parts store. Then today I put on some LED lights in the license plate, and have mud flaps on the way!

Next on the list is the mud flaps/splash guard install, and LED interior light :)

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Looking good. And you'll love the mudflaps. Honestly they dont help keep the car any cleaner but I love how they look on my car. Its the base model so it didnt have them. How much did you pay for yours?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bought them from ebay, from hon kong lol. 18.49+2 dollars shipping :D

if they're crap, ill probably buy more expensive ones later on. but how bad can they be? just a piece of plastic! premade for the car so..well see how they are lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts