Nissan Versa Forums banner

401 - 420 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
You guys are gonna shit when I show you how to use stock parts to boost you 1.8. Nobody realizes what a gold mine we are all sitting on. Even with crazy good Osiris tuning it will still only cost you 3-3.5k :party: Ima start with a stock low psi build and then go all out with a 2.0 forged internals high reving beast on 15+ psi. :smileyb:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
You guys are gonna shit when I show you how to use stock parts to boost you 1.8. Nobody realizes what a gold mine we are all sitting on. Even with crazy good Osiris tuning it will still only cost you 3-3.5k :party: Ima start with a stock low psi build and then go all out with a 2.0 forged internals high reving beast on 15+ psi. :smileyb:
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the manifold if going turbo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Hey! Just to let ya know it's finished and after about eighteen thousand miles on the setup it's been fantastic/no problems and gas millage is pretty much the same unless you get on it of course...this with the original stock clutch still in it along with plugs everything is holding up fine.
I have put in a request to get it dyno'd with the setup it has now and the original plugs in it with hundred fourteen thousand miles on them basically not doing anything special to "pump" the results up if that makes sense.
Now I have to come up with all the items to make a single kit at a time since nobody will make less then fifty pieces of an item so each one will be custom made or about four grand each with the AC Lines....right now I don't have that much disposable cash so when I do I'll get a kit together I'll have it on the site for sale. Plus time is a problem since I do have a full time job and versaspeed is my side thing. Any questions please email me since I'm not on the boards that much....thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ok everyone starts to complain that this will never see the light of day, Bob says its done then silence.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey! Just to let ya know it's finished and after about eighteen thousand miles on the setup it's been fantastic/no problems and gas millage is pretty much the same unless you get on it of course...this with the original stock clutch still in it along with plugs everything is holding up fine.
I have put in a request to get it dyno'd with the setup it has now and the original plugs in it with hundred fourteen thousand miles on them basically not doing anything special to "pump" the results up if that makes sense.
Now I have to come up with all the items to make a single kit at a time since nobody will make less then fifty pieces of an item so each one will be custom made or about four grand each with the AC Lines....right now I don't have that much disposable cash so when I do I'll get a kit together I'll have it on the site for sale. Plus time is a problem since I do have a full time job and versaspeed is my side thing. Any questions please email me since I'm not on the boards that much....thanks.
thanks for the update!!! i need to find some cash now!!! haha

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is quite exciting, I don't own a Versa with a MR18DE but I'm really pumped to see everyone now able to boost their Versa's. Great job Bob!:hurray: Don't everyone go kill themselves at the tracks now.:lol:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
^That's why the silence, after 3 years we won't believe it till it's up on the site.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
This threads been around since 2010 :limp wrist:
Haven't seen anybody else step up to the plate and get er done...it's expensive and time consuming to do it right and make sure it's right...especially when I have many other things going on! So before one throws the preverbal stones check to see "What have ones self contributed to the scene lately?"

Everybody have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats awesome news!! thanks for all the hard work man! quick question, is there a mailing/preorder list we can sign up on for when u release a kit? id like to be one of those 50 :p how far away do you think itll be roughly till you can put together a kit?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Exhaust where the turbo bolts if going turbo.
You will prolly laugh at how easy it is. Part # 11041 leaves the factory looking the same. When it starts to get different is if part # 14061j and #14061b or #14004a and #14004b is used. The engine in the f15 chassis is pretty much the same as the engine in the c11x chassis when you get down to the bare block.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ppl should appreciate what Bob has done here, a kit that only requires moving the AC lines. He doesn't have to let anyone in on his build, but he is offering to pay out of pocket to get this to you the Versa owner. He stated that he can only get the kit together if he buys 50 units, until then they have to be made one by one. Now even if he is only paying three grand per units that's still one hundred fifty thousand dollars out of his pocket, that he's not even sure he will get back. I'm not trying to offend, or put anyone in any kinda place, I'm just stating a few facts. Happy boosting to all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ppl should appreciate what Bob has done here, a kit that only requires moving the AC lines. He doesn't have to let anyone in on his build, but he is offering to pay out of pocket to get this to you the Versa owner. He stated that he can only get the kit together if he buys 50 units, until then they have to be made one by one. Now even if he is only paying three grand per units that's still one hundred fifty thousand dollars out of his pocket, that he's not even sure he will get back. I'm not trying to offend, or put anyone in any kinda place, I'm just stating a few facts. Happy boosting to all.
I don't know, I think I see some excitement and props in the last dozen posts. Some naysayers are to be expected, it is the internet after all, lol. I wonder if a larger company like Hasport could help with the AC lines. Hasport makes all kinds of AC lines for Honda's when installing a K series and you want to retain AC. Just an idea. Anyway it's great to see some movement even if it's one unit at a time. Maybe once I finish my motor I could do the same thing. Either way, happy boosting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need this myself I have been debating super or turbo ive got exedy helping me with a more powerful clutch if anyone is interested on being a candidate for that

·
Registered
993 Posts
Exedy already has a organic clutch for our cars, wouldn't be to hard for them to base a power clutch off of that.

401 - 420 of 446 Posts