Nissan Versa Forums banner

421 - 440 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Removed the SC from the Versa yesterday to check everything out, we found a slight problem with the Belt but was an easy fix so went to the fabricator this morning to drop it off but guess they are closed down for vacation but called and left a message to call me when they get back so I can drop everything off and get a couple of kits made up and will make it so it can be made for Versa/Cube or Sentra 2.0.

We put a total of twenty thousand miles on it and except for the one problem everything was perfect!

When I get it back which after driving the car without it the past couple of days can't be soon enough...nearly killed myself forgetting an't got the power no more....I'll get it dyno'd with all the numbers but good God is there a difference without it!

Plus end of this week should be picking up DC Headers and Thursday I go to pick up Aluminum Flywheels and have a meeting with Tilton Racing about Clutches! Good month so far.

Everybody have a good week!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Removed the SC from the Versa yesterday to check everything out, we found a slight problem with the Belt but was an easy fix so went to the fabricator this morning to drop it off but guess they are closed down for vacation but called and left a message to call me when they get back so I can drop everything off and get a couple of kits made up and will make it so it can be made for Versa/Cube or Sentra 2.0.

We put a total of twenty thousand miles on it and except for the one problem everything was perfect!

When I get it back which after driving the car without it the past couple of days can't be soon enough...nearly killed myself forgetting an't got the power no more....I'll get it dyno'd with all the numbers but good God is there a difference without it!

Plus end of this week should be picking up DC Headers and Thursday I go to pick up Aluminum Flywheels and have a meeting with Tilton Racing about Clutches! Good month so far.

Everybody have a good week!
YOU'RE THE MAN BOB!:thumb2:

Once I start getting some paychecks from my new job...will definitely be checking out your store for some goodies!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Update sounds good. Any chance that header fits the 1.6?
No, it's only for the MR series BUT had a long meeting with DC this past Saturday about the 1.6 and what we are planning is just like we did with the Versa/Cube is do a Cat-Back and Header system and everything will be dyno'd and adjusted to get the maximum hp/tq...the Versa took about three trips to the dyno with different Exhaust setups till we found the best one so I'm expecting the same with the 1.6. Right now I have no eta but I'll keep on them.
We've been working on a setup for the NISMO 370Z that just finished up and will start testing this week so I'm going to see if I can get them to get on the 1.6 when we are all done in a couple of weeks or so...dyno etc..

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Looking forward to a quality header for the 1.6. I'm not all into the performance stuff with this car but I think my stock pipe is developing a hole as my car has gotten much louder. I would love to just bolt on a header as opposed to buying a stock part for what I assume is much more money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Need to know the price please! Definitely want one. Keep us updated for the dyno numbers too! That would be a beautiful winter project!

·
Registered
8 Posts
First off, hats off to Bob. Always gets back to me and doesn't sell me on anything, just provides info and let's you decide.

DC Header - installed in my V, runs w/o issue; only issue was the end where the gasket goes was not really finished clean but gasket went right over and fitment was fine in the V.

SC ?? Bob, this is a question for you publicly or you can PM me. I am interested but want some Dyno #'s to back up my arguement when my wife divorces me for spending hella $$$ on my V.:74:

I have always come through when I say I was going to do X,Y & Z but this one is a little more than my other mods; @ least in a one time cost as opposed to cumulative cost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, what a awsome thread. Have been reading this the whole morning, to get to know how the S/C was/is being developed for the V.
Pity we wont be able to get it in my country, unless I import it which will be extremely costly.

versaspeed has been doing this correctly, and I guess once people start to notice this, it will start to take off..

In South-Africa , people are more tuning their old sentra's ,350/370Z's,200/240sx and the skylines..
Basically no tuning or aftermarket market for Tiida/Versa.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
First off, hats off to Bob. Always gets back to me and doesn't sell me on anything, just provides info and let's you decide.

DC Header - installed in my V, runs w/o issue; only issue was the end where the gasket goes was not really finished clean but gasket went right over and fitment was fine in the V.

SC ?? Bob, this is a question for you publicly or you can PM me. I am interested but want some Dyno #'s to back up my arguement when my wife divorces me for spending hella $$$ on my V.:74:

I have always come through when I say I was going to do X,Y & Z but this one is a little more than my other mods; @ least in a one time cost as opposed to cumulative cost.
Sorry for getting back to you all so late and thanks for the kind words.

I have the setup off the car and at the fabricator waiting to get a quote for replication of the pieces and some minor changes for the better and yes I will be getting dyno figures when all said and done...just have been concentrating on longevity first...1000 hp won't be any good if it only lasts a month! Not that it will be anywhere close to that but you get the picture. It's passed that test so now to getting the pieces and dyno then I'm waiting till the Tilton Racing Clutches are done (got a stock one to them a couple of weeks ago) then I'll install Headers/Aluminum Flywheel/Clutch AND new Spark Plugs!!!! And retest it and the final piece to my madness will be installing a MR20 with said additions.

Till again everybody take care and hope everybody is enjoying their Labor Day Holiday...those out of the US hope your enjoying your weekend. :cheers2:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
So , any new updates about this?
It's done! Been running great with no problems and gas millage about the same unless my right foot dictates other wise :biggrin5:. I've had it off the car for a couple of months tho getting quotes from fabricators to make a couple of sets as I get time from my other job but they've been exceedingly high pushing the kit in the forty five to five thousand dollars to replicate and that's too much so once I can get a couple made and keep it affordable and within my hope of around thirty five hundred it will be a go! So just keep those fingers crossed...and too bad Nissan didn't do something like this because it really does make the Versa/Tiida into a really fun car to drive and was a blast up at Willow Springs when I ran it especially coming out of turn nine and on the gas mid turn at over hundred mph dang that thing kicked it! Handled amazing too up there at Willow just a friggen blast to drive with no worries on how it would stop/handle/accelerate...amazing!
As a side note...I have hundred twenty five thousand miles on the drivetrain with no problems w/SC installed...including original clutch assy.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
That post you just made versaspeed.com.....

Very jealous of your time at Willow Springs and so glad to hear the S/C ran great without any issues, especially on the original clutch assy. woooo!

·
Registered
691 Posts
How is the powerband? Is it a dog at low end now?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Do you have any Dyno Figures yet?
:goodpost:

Nice to see Bob post again. His car by far is still the most modded in the US :patriot:

421 - 440 of 446 Posts