Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 60 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Again, not trying to nay say or question anyone's experience or expertise, just trying to understand some of the specifics of how the system works. It would just be a first for me to buy a complete kit where all the tuning is already done out of the box. It's definitely reassuring to hear that the control module does actually modify the injector pulses properly. I'm assuming with OEM fuel/air components boost needs to be kept to around 5-6psi max? I'd guess even that should be good for around 40-45hp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
quick question. will this void the extended warrenty? or since its just a plug and play type thing will it be ok?
Seeing as how doing something like just putting different size tires on can void your warranty, I'd assume that modifications of this type will absolutely void both your extended warranty and powertrain warranty. Your best move if you have problems would be to remove aftermarket components, making everything look stock again prior to bringing it in for warranty service. It's a pain, yes, but the only way to make your car appear as though it's been unmodified.

·
Registered
452 Posts
wooot i think youll need that clutch first tango being as youve already burnt up a couple :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i havn't burnt any clutches... where are you getting all this info from?????

·
Registered
452 Posts
the two you replaced under warranty or am i thinking of some other dude driving a black sedan?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be too much power to the wheels to have an effective launch with out a big suspension mod and other tidbits.

Let me know how it all works out!

Supercharger anyone?
Had a meeting with Oscar this morning of Jackson Racing (friend of mine for a long time) and have gone over everything with him and we are both on the same page.......the system will be a plug and play setup with no need for different injectors etc.. It will work with MT/AT or CVT...we are going to meet up in a few weeks (after the holiday) with my Versa and extra mtr I have to put a piliminary set up together and after that we will find out pricing to get the various pieces needed to fit on the Versa (all pieces made here in the States) and how long to get those pieces machined etc.. It will be CARB approved...reliable because of it’s simplicity and yet still yield a 50% in HP/TQ....again all of it will be just a bolt on....no need for any computer work or injector changing or different manifold etc.. I will be putting an MR20 in the car then the Supercharger so effectively the Versa will be putting out approximately 210 hp and we will dyno the car to see hp at the wheels after installation. Now continue your other threads..:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I say just let him do it and then we find the limitations of the clutch, suspension, cooling system, plastic manifold etc. . .

I hope this all turns out well for you MR guys :).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i havn't burnt any clutches... where are you getting all this info from?????
Okay, I can’t emphasize enough that this setup has been used in countless 1.8 and 2.0 liter cars such as Honda and Mazda for over five years basically the same class cars as our Versa/Cubes/Sentra’s.....without any further need for modifications to the car......including but not limited to transmission components/suspension/BCM’s or CPU’s etc..just read earlier posts.....if you can sleep better at nights and want to spend extra money by changing whatever you think you need to change.....go for it.....but again.....YOU DON”T HAVE TO. You may want to take your car to that next level of performance after installation but if your just looking to boost your horsepower and torque to get to the store quicker (of course by observing all speed limits and driving laws!) this is the ticket.......no pun intended.
I can assure you this is not my “first” project dealing with mods to a car with some past projects yielding as much as six hundred plus total hp/tq.....so this project is a piece of cake.

On a side note.....I think there’s confusion between Greg’s clutch problem and his syncro problem (I believe it was a second gear syncro both times) in a couple of transmissions that he finally resolved on his third transmission and not a clutch situation. Greg can chime in here if I’m on the right track. And remember......Black Versa Sedan/Hatch do not have as much hp/tq as there (insert any other color here) Sedan/Hatch brothers..........right? Greg and Theo. :smilielol5:

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah they lose about 40 hp maybe greg should add some more stickers... might give him a boost Rolling on the Floor

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Okay, I can’t emphasize enough that this setup has been used in countless 1.8 and 2.0 liter cars such as Honda and Mazda for over five years basically the same class cars as our Versa/Cubes/Sentra’s.....without any further need for modifications to the car......including but not limited to transmission components/suspension/BCM’s or CPU’s etc..just read earlier posts.....if you can sleep better at nights and want to spend extra money by changing whatever you think you need to change.....go for it.....but again.....YOU DON”T HAVE TO. You may want to take your car to that next level of performance after installation but if your just looking to boost your horsepower and torque to get to the store quicker (of course by observing all speed limits and driving laws!) this is the ticket.......no pun intended.
I can assure you this is not my “first” project dealing with mods to a car with some past projects yielding as much as six hundred plus total hp/tq.....so this project is a piece of cake.

On a side note.....I think there’s confusion between Greg’s clutch problem and his syncro problem (I believe it was a second gear syncro both times) in a couple of transmissions that he finally resolved on his third transmission and not a clutch situation. Greg can chime in here if I’m on the right track. And remember......Black Versa Sedan/Hatch do not have as much hp/tq as there (insert any other color here) Sedan/Hatch brothers..........right? Greg and Theo. :smilielol5:
I don't see why are cars wouldn't be able to handle the the boost, i mean shit even the yaris has a supercharger and doesn't need modification and the honda fits have turbos and superchargers. so why not are cars? a plug and play supercharger sounds great, i just want to drop it in and forget about it. and knowing Bob, it will be nothing short of epic and be reliable. heres a fit that is supercharged at 200whp. seems like hes doin ok to me. granted he has susepension and tires but hes on a track. and IMO id imagine that someone that puts some boost in their car is already going to have some sort of suspension mod and different wheels/tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLhyk6WHT-A

3rd gear was as fault both times, but thats irrelevant on which one it was, it was a bad syncro. not from clutch burning.

yeah they lose about 40 hp maybe greg should add some more stickers... might give him a boost Rolling on the Floor
i got 1 sticker, " versaspeed.com " thats enough for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I don't see why are cars wouldn't be able to handle the the boost, i mean shit even the yaris has a supercharger and doesn't need modification and the honda fits have turbos and superchargers. so why not are cars? a plug and play supercharger sounds great, i just want to drop it in and forget about it. and knowing Bob, it will be nothing short of epic and be reliable. heres a fit that is supercharged at 200whp. seems like hes doin ok to me. granted he has susepension and tires but hes on a track. and IMO id imagine that someone that puts some boost in their car is already going to have some sort of suspension mod and different wheels/tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLhyk6WHT-A

That's a Jackson car and we've talked about it and I believe his son was driving it at the time....it has a couple other mods that in time will be done to my Versa.....but it will not be street legal aka CARB approved but easy to switch to a CARB approved car again......I just want to do one thing at a time and make sure it's perfect before moving on to the next level. That's also were I have a track record with the 240SX so when the Versa is done with "Stage 1" I want to take it up there and see what it will do on street tires.

41 - 60 of 446 Posts