Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everybody!

Last weekend I did a truly DIY stereo job in which I completely took out my stereo, installed a double din to single din dash kit on which I secured 4 magnets that hold a 10 inch tablet to my dash. Inside my dash I installed a bluetooth all-terrain amp which I connected using my car's wiring harness.
20200314_193556.jpg

Once I hooked everything up, I personally think it looks absolutely amazing...
With tablet:

Without tablet(I remove it when I exit the car to minimize that chance of it being stolen or overheating):

But the problem I have now is that the remote that comes with it is kind of bulky and I don't really have anywhere to put it.

My car does not have the audio controls for the steering wheel installed but I found the audio controls panel online for about $40, so I was thinking it may be a good idea to buy that and use a harness to hook it up to the amp, which hooks up through an audio(aux/headphone) cable.

Does anybody have experience with installing the audio controls on a steering wheel? And if there are any ideas on how to keep the original remote, I am all ears(I like the blue light component).

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just stick with your remote and maybe mount it on the console.
To add steering wheel controls, you have to remove the steering wheel, lower dash, steering column covers, and the radio area of the dash.
Then you have to run wire fron the Spiral Cable "clockspring" to the radio connector. NOTE-- Not all switches will function without factory bluetooth/phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts