Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're going to need a scanner or code reader. No other way. Advance Auto, Autozone or someplace similar may be able to do it for you as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey onenutshort. I picked up code reader. It picks up a p1421 code. Somewhere I found that there is a bulletin about that but don't know what to do about. I also found that it coul be a ECM module. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I'm a power line technician not a mechanic

·
Registered
72 Posts
It could be a clogged air filter. A clogged fuel injector or bad fuel pump. Or a faulty Engine Control Module. Then again there is a TSB out there for this code, so it may just need to be reprogrammed. I'd lean toward the air filter or the ECM reprogramming. The other two aren't as likely. But since these cars don't have an external fuel filter, there is a chance that the internal filter (inside the pump) could be getting clogged. Especially of you've gotten a bunch of crap floating around in the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Montani
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing