Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got new D2 racing RS coilovers and they slammed my car on 18's as you can see. well i drove it off the lot where i got them professionally installed and it was an hour after they were suppose to close and i start to feel shaking in between speeds of 20 and 35 then it will go away then start around 45 to 55 then go away once i hit 65. is it because i need to get an alignment or my coilover to stiff or what i can't figure it out??

what could it be?

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
People recommend that you get an alignment after strut/spring swap. I installed my Teins and didnt get a wheel alignment no problems. Make sure everything is tight. Why didnt you install them yourself and how much did they charge you?

·
Registered
440 Posts
You definitely need to get an alignment to make sure the specs are correct as far as camber, caster, and toe. They should have told you that from the beginning.....

An incorrect alignment really should not cause shaking unless the toe settings are absolutely off the wall. I would take it back to the shop and make sure they tightened and torqued everything to the correct specs.

Where is the shaking? In the steering wheel or the floor/seat?

Where the 18" wheels on the vehicle before the install or were they installed at the same time?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very possible cause for the shake can be "axle binding", since you've lowered the car significantly. Check to see if the problem still persists over a short period of time. The grooves may need to some time to wear in before it goes away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea well i didn't have time to do it so i had a friend at a tire shop do them for me for dirt cheap. he has a slammed lexus which he took 2 weeks building and adjusting them. we tighten everything took it for a test run and he felt the shake so we took i back to the shop and made sure the wheels where balanced and hes a mechanic as well and do some troubleshooting which then he said since im at around 120k miles it could be lower control arm, or sway bar, or old axle. they have to be replaced any ways but im just wondering if any one else had the same problem:/

also im planning on going lower the only thing that is preventing me from doing that is my front wheel wells. can i take the wheel well out? i do have an AEM intake that would be exposed and some HID wires and other wires would that be a good idea? if there any other way of covering them?

my wheels are 18x8 with 35 off set and my tires are 215/40

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh and the tire shop doesn't do alignments but they said i need to wait about a week for the new adjustment to settle then get an alignment. is that true? My realm is car audio haha im just getting into lowering and researching it but any advice would help!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably was just a bad axle. Were any of the boots ripped? Were you hearing a clinking noise when turning left or right?

Doesn't seem like the axles are of high quality if they are going out that quickly....same with the control arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.