Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback and lately if I have my car in drive but keep it idle, it starts to shake and I can hear clicking. What do you guys think is wrong? Its not a violent shake, but it's enough to really bother me.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
is your AC cycling? This causes a clicking noise and can affect your idle. Other then that, possibly something in the throttle body assembly. If not for the clicking I would think a cylinder missfire would cause a shaking at idle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
is this what happens

no vibration in neutral. RPM - 700-800 rpm.
some vibration/noise in D when stopped, RPM is little lower than neutral.
vibration/noise goes away when the car starts driving.

If that happens, then the vibration/shaking nosie is due to low rpms which shake the heat shield under the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
My V does this alot.... does anybody know what is going on?

Edit: my AC is not cycling. The V does this very often in warm temps, but also did it during the winter too.
AC compressor cycles with the heat on as well if it's set in the defrost position.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
the contact of the engine with the body of the car under the battery my be worn out and cause this problem
Very good call on this. Could be a motor or transmission mount.

·
Registered
236 Posts
the contact of the engine with the body of the car under the battery my be worn out and cause this problem
I've had the hood vibrate when in drive with the foot on the brake before moving. You can turn the rubber knobs ( near the radiator ) to make the hood touch them or add round felt stick on shim that you use on the bottom of a chair. It worked for me. ( if that is where the vibration is coming from)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've had the hood vibrate when in drive with the foot on the brake before moving. You can turn the rubber knobs ( near the radiator ) to make the hood touch them or add round felt stick on shim that you use on the bottom of a chair. It worked for me. ( if that is where the vibration is coming from)
what what?
how how?

this happens to me... i want to fix this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.