Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week i bought a 2007 versa with manual transmission, worked fine, untill this morning, last night i did an engine shampoo and used compressor with air to remove the water, with engine running on idle. This morning it won't start and i have a P0605 code, rom error or something. i don't know where to start, i googled it, and it says there is a PCM, where is it located and what does it look like? maybe there is water in it. What else should i do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Used a hair dryer on ECM...

Well problem solved, used hair dryer on ECM and that big electrical connection behind driverside headlight, at first it gave me a P2138 throttle position correlation, and was able to start engine but as soon as i hit the gas pedal it went to 1200 rpm no matter how i pressed on the gas, then i stopped the engine with accessory on and tried pressing 5 times on gas then wait 10 seconds and tried 5 times again, turn off key, and looks like it's working, and i erased the code with obd2.

I will never do a engine shampoo again.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Some learn the hard way....................................soap is an alkali, which drives electrical nuts if left in place to dry up.

The so-called 'weatherproof' connectors all cars pretty much now have will NOT stand direct water in terms of force to get it where it was never intended to be. They are passive and only designed to guard against light amounts of water.

Lucky you didn't fry an ECM there, a rom error can be pretty serious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the ecm is dead, cant even read codes with my obd2 reader... went to the scrapyard to get another one, now i can read codes with obd2 but car wont start. My old ecm had "4F" sticker and this one has 4M sticker... Do i need to get it reprogrammed at nissan? What can i do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts