Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Very cool, a bit steep in price but what can you do.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I've looked at these before through another site. Just a heads up to everyone; it doesn't work with the built in XM radio; our antenna base is bigger than those without XM and the shark fin won't fit over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've looked at these before through another site. Just a heads up to everyone; it doesn't work with the built in XM radio; our antenna base is bigger than those without XM and the shark fin won't fit over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this on another site as well, and I actually emailed them a few weeks ago. They have a new one that works with the XM radio. I have the email somewhere, lets see if I can dig it up ... ah here, see below:

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

Our pre-released Mark II VG shark fin antenna is compatible with your 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback. For more information, pictures and how to order, please see the email below.

Regards,
xxxxxxx

---------------------------------------
This new shark fin antenna was developed specifically for vehicles that have an AM/FM rear-roof whip antenna and a Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antenna integrated into the larger antenna base. Our Mark II antenna will allow you to replace the whip portion of your AM/FM antenna and cover the entire large antenna base on your roof to give it a clean look. Installing this antenna will not hinder the operation of your Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antennas that are integrated into your antenna base. Please click the following links for some sample pictures of our new shark fin antenna:

http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_VG_SFA_MKII.html

We are happy to announce that we can continue to offer our Mark II version at the same price as our Mark I version, currently priced at $69USD (including painting to your OEM color as usual), plus shipping/handling for $12USD to USA/Canada or $28USD to International locations (including tracking number & insurance). GST & HST applicable for Canadian orders. Lead time is around 1 to 2 weeks before ready for shipping.

To place an order, please send an email to [email protected] and provide the information below, and a Paypal invoice for ordering will be sent to you shortly afterwards . You will be able to pay via Paypal account, eCheck and most major credit cards. To find your color code, please visit this page: http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_Paint_Code.html

----------
Subject: Order - VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

Qty x Year, Make, Model, Style - Color Code / Color Name
(example: Qty: 1 x 2009 Pontiac G8 4-Dr Sedan - WA690F / Phantom Metallic)

Mailing Address

Paypal email Address
----------

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
That's good news!
Are you ordering one? Do you have XM in your car (so the larger antenna base)? If you order one, and install it please post up pics. I had wanted to get one before, but the company I was looking at (this is well over a year ago); said it was incompatible with the larger XM base ...
Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
i do plan to get one too ... will wait until next money for car fun funds :p in the meantime post some pics if you get them!!
I just placed my order today. I was told it would arrive in about two weeks.
I won't be able to install it until the weather warms up a bit, but I'll take pics of it just sitting in place to test it out.

It ships from Canada, so Canadian members don't have to worry about custom/duty fees ... phew!

·
Registered
638 Posts
the antennae itself will unscrew. not sure about the base

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.