Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shift indicator light went out in my son's 2015 Versa.
I know how to remove the shifter handle, my question is, how do I remove the console?
I noticed at the bottom front of the console, there are two large head screws, If I remove them will the console tilt backwards?
I didn't take notice to any other fasteners, except for those two.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bruce

·
Registered
8 Posts
The shift indicator light went out in my son's 2015 Versa.
I know how to remove the shifter handle, my question is, how do I remove the console?
I noticed at the bottom front of the console, there are two large head screws, If I remove them will the console tilt backwards?
I didn't take notice to any other fasteners, except for those two.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bruce
Are you talking about a shift indicator light for a manual transmission?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies, got extremely busy here at work and didn't have a chance to reply.
Thanks for the PDF on how to change that.
No the transmission is automatic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some notes after replacing the automatic shifter bulb on my 2015 Nissan Versa SV:
  1. For the link above, you can to navigate to the Instrument Panel sub guide to see how to remove the panel, then the Internal Lighting System book to see the diagram of the shifter
  2. The center console most be removed. Videos for similar models made me think maybe I could detached the shifter assembly somehow, but that doesn't seem possible on the 2015 Versa SV
  3. Be really careful removing the metal pin/clip (shift knob spring). Everyone says it in the guides/videos, but once it bounces away you'll feel like a fool. Rather than remove it by pushing on one side, I would slide a knife or screw driver directly down the center so you can pry it off straight into your hand
  4. You don't have to remove the panel completely, just remove all the fasteners (2 screws and 2 clips) and lift up, then go from underneath drivers side to grab the bulb socket, and rotate counter clockwise so the socket notch aligns with the hole to remove it
  5. Lightbulb size I used was 2721, I think 74 or E74 would have worked as well based on what I saw for the Altima on other forums. When I removed the original bulb, it said (5) 14V 90mA on it. 2721 is close at 12V 1.2 W (100mA). I almost used a 2723 based on something I read elsewhere, but I think that would've fried it since it's almost 2x that wattage / current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts