Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

so im looking around for a shift knob and came upon one that i like, with which i want to replace my current 2012 versa sedan shift knob.

but theres just one thing that might get in the way.. the OD button.

so question.. when shopping for shift knobs, must they be OD compatible and have an OD button on them like the oEM knobs or (especially since im nver going to use OD) can i just look it over and place the custom knob in place of my current knob?

btw, i drive an automatic

thanks

p.s. heres the link to the knob im considering
Amazon.com: Pilot Automotive PM-2241 Motorsport Burlwood Chrome/Wood Manual/Automatic Stick Shift Knob: Automotive

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
*bump* ha the more i delay getting a new shift knob, the more im starting to like the current one
back in 2008 I did not like the versa because I didn't really care after driving an Aveo...so I needed an economic rental car and enterprise rent a car gave me the keys to a red nissan versa hatchback. I was like... :nonod: I don't know about this versa :skep: but the more I drove it, and drove it :driving: the more I started to like it. especially how easy it was to get in and out of the red versa, was like wow!!!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
back in 2008 I did not like the versa because I didn't really care after driving an Aveo...so I needed an economic rental car and enterprise rent a car gave me the keys to a red nissan versa hatchback. I was like... :nonod: I don't know about this versa :skep: but the more I drove it, and drove it :driving: the more I started to like it. especially how easy it was to get in and out of the red versa, was like wow!!!
Watch, once I test drive a Subaru WRX or EVO, I'll want to trade the 3 for that...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol dont get me wrong,the versas a sweet ride, just that the shift knob bores me a little. first plan is to change the knob. and then second, put on a boot.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You got an auto or Manual? There's a tread here about a guy that bought a custom made boot for the versa from some website, you should check that out.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Watch, once I test drive a Subaru WRX or EVO, I'll want to trade the 3 for that...
Call me crazy but i'm diggin the 2012 Impreza with the smaller 2.0L motor, manual of course, and sport pkg. idk what its shifter is like tho lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Call me crazy but i'm diggin the 2012 Impreza with the smaller 2.0L motor, manual of course, and sport pkg. idk what its shifter is like tho lol

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
That is different looking! Might be a nice change in the interior :)

Impreza is nice! Car companies are always making something new and different that we 'want' to trade for ... It's how they make a lot of money! When I buy something I use it until it's no good ... so Kit is staying with me until she quits on me; whether she likes me or not! haha!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got an auto or Manual? There's a tread here about a guy that bought a custom made boot for the versa from some website, you should check that out.
i have a automatic, and it has the overdrive button which is why im a little wary as to which knob to get-- i feel as if if its not OD compatible, the wires and such might get in the way?

@iluv : yeaap ha it does look nice, and yea i kinda think it would be a change to the allblack interior of the versa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Okay so the Overdrive button should have two wires running to it, if you replace the shifter knob it should be fairly simple to run those two wires to a push button switch eg:Radio Shack Switch (this switch is rated for 125v AC and i believe that using it in a 12v dc circuit could shorten the life slightly so its just a suggestion to get an idea) and then drill a single hole somewhere close to the shifter knob on the center console and mount it there. It will allow you to use the shift knob without OD capability and still keep your OD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.