Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if anyone has removed the 6spd oem shift knob? I'd like to get a weighted shift knob, but dunno if its possible with the reverse lockout. I believe they're not threaded either.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
pull the shift knob really really hard and itll pop off. not kidding either. both hands, pull up.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pull the shift knob really really hard and itll pop off. not kidding either. both hands, pull up.
Ah arite thanks. I've gotta find a weighted knob first though lol. I was checking out the Altima forum and some of them use the razo ra96, 340g, and looks nice.

·
Registered
927 Posts
you dont like the auto shift knobs? i kinda like the way it looks hihi... when i remove my panels ill post some DYI if im successful removing it lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wouldn't want to swap the auto shift knob... being that the o/d (aka the nitrous button lol) is on there

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol id like to change my shift nob but figured id avoid it because of the reverse lockout. and i wanted to get an LED one but i could only find 5 speed nobs. :/

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
There's a really cool aluminum one at AutoZone... it's got a hidden compartment via a twist off cap so that you can stash your perfectly legal tobacco in there. :)

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
There's a really cool aluminum one at AutoZone... it's got a hidden compartment via a twist off cap so that you can stash your perfectly legal tobacco in there. :)
:rofl: i like your sense of security

not sure how you remove the shiftknob...does it pull straight off?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:rofl: i like your sense of security

not sure how you remove the shiftknob...does it pull straight off?
pull straight up, really hard. pops off

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've never really looked at different shift knobs. But i have thought about it.. I mean after you pull it off will any other knob fit on? And the reverse lockout is separate from the actually knob right? So by pulling the knob off i'm not complicating anything?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haha Ya it started a while ago.. When i made my first WoW character actually. A commercial for kraft dinner was playing and the "Gotta Be KD" thing was the best i could come up with... But ya long and done with that game now. Soo... Anyone have any answer to my question?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts