Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at making a few accessories for the Versa. The first one is going to be a shift knob. The design is going to be a 2" black Delrin ball with a cut out for the reverse lever. Still trying to decide on the best way to mount it. The first option would be a press fit. The second would be a set screw. The third would be to thread the shaft and have it screw on. Going to try the first option and see how that goes. Tell me what you think and if you are interested in one.

Side View:

Bottom View:

Cross Section:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I wish I could figure out how to remove the freakin auto shift knob.. I want to apint it but cant get it off

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'd be interested for manual and most likely the third option. Just pushing it on doesn't work so well, I already chopped mine down a little bit and put on a new knob.
P1010011.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Aww so the versa shifter is really a press fit? is there any non destructive method to remove it?
I just grabbed mine and pulled. It popped off, I used an aluminum shift knob for a couple months, it got annoyingly hot in the summer so I tried my stock shift knob and it actually fit back on fine, and stayed on no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
ADOversa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing