Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a 2013 Versa S sedan, with a 5-speed manual tranny. I've only had it for 6 weeks and had a very strange experience the other day. It bucked (as if I was driving a standard but don't know how) in all gears except 5th. Not always, but for most of my 1.5 hour drive home going about 45 mph. By bucking, I mean REALLY bucking. Sometimes, if I downshifted, I would shift, feel the gear engage, but when I stepped on the accelerator, absolutely no response from the car. The pedal felt fine, but nothing happened when I pressed it. So, I'd upshift and it would start bucking again. Engaging the clutch made it stop every time, but it the only gear that worked without any issues was 5th. Needless to say, I drove most of the way home in 5th gear.

I brought it to the dealer, who can't reproduce it. They even made me come in to show them I can drive stick--which I understand, since my description of what happened sounds like I can't.

So, now they are telling me it's fine and to come get the car. Has anyone experienced this or anything similar? I'd rather have this fixed than take home a car that is having potentially serious issues.

It sounds like it is a transmission issue. The fact that when you downshift, you get no response when you step on the gas pedal would indicate that either your clutch is slipping, or the pressure plate is not operating correctly, or your transmission linkage is not properly aligned. Have no clue as to why the issues you describe are not present when you use 5th gear. Might have something to do with how the transmission goes into overdrive.

The 2013 Versa comes with standard features, including a 1.6L 4-cylinder 109HP engine and a 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.