Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Again, thanks milehigh for this forum. Why anyone would choose a Versa over whatever is strictly their own decision. My decision was based on what base car came with the most for the least amount of money. One thing a base S version comes with and most others don't is air conditioning and a sound system. That was the single most important reason I bought this car. I checked out the lancer but the base price didn't include a/c. And so on and so on. For most cars that option is either in a 4 figure higher version upgrade or between 750.00 and up. I thought the versa was awesome for that point in the beginning, but then I realized that the V has alot more going for it. I am pretty sure mh will figure out who I am and I didn't come over here to start trouble, but for really I came here because I feel Nicoclub doesn't cover the single most reason persons come onto these forums in the first place. They are wanting to know if whatever car is worth buying. And I am sorry to inform Nicoclub fans that their forum sucks in driving home the idea that the Nissan Versa is the best deal in that car's segment, period. Talking about hyundais and kias will confuse the idea that the consumer really is better off buying a Nissan brand car than any Korean or Chinese built car. Maybe someday that will change, but the smart choice right now is the Versa. I just hope for my sake some or most of the things I push about the Nissan brand will help individuals choose the right car. Nissan plain and simple is rocking in the styling department as well as actually producing high performance sports cars that would make Picasso a fan. In the end, I am happy to be here and I know my grammar is terrible but I am not being graded at this time. Ciao.:driving:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi welcome to NVF :p we offer you peace and love lol
ASL PLEASE or just the L "location" part hahahaha... if youre from so cal just pay theo 1 cent and some... to join the so cal club :p hehehe ^_^v
yup our nissan versa rocks :p

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I have never had a nissan that didn't go 150k plus with little to no problems. I'm sure every nissan I have ever had has made it to over 200k miles. Some I sold and my infiniti g20 I still have with 217k on the clock. I have owned an s13, s14, r50, p10 and p11. If you don't know what some of those are they are nissan chasis codes. So for my first reason is reputation as being a reliable vehicle and my next is brand loyalty.

I am a single father of a 3 year old. I need lots of room. If anyone is a parent you know what a pain it is to install a carseat or remove one. Or place your child in one. So I needed a car with four doors and room. Now while the V looks small on the outside it is huge inside. I own a p11 (g20) and test drove the corolla and the V is cavernous in comparison. So my third reason is interior space. Now read on before you ask why I bought a subcompact if I needed space, i'll give you a hint it has to do with gas.

A little over four years ago my exwife and I decided to buy a home 39 miles away from my job. Reason is we intended on starting our family and wanted to give our child the nicest neighborhood we could afford. This meant a commute for me since home values were double near my job. I did not mind the commute as the previous 4 years my exwife had the long commute and I worked close to home. So it seemed fair. Well things didn't work out with her, I kept the house and still have the same job. Which leads me to the fifth reason I bought the versa (1.6) was gas mileage. I knew the EPA rating of 34 was a joke before I even drove this car. I am yet to get as low as that and average about 38mpg. This is a mix of driving not 100% highway. While a fit or yaris "may" get better MPG's I was not willing to give up the space. So my fourth reason would be the MPG's.

Now for the fifth and final reason is price. I have the 1.6 with AC and ABS. It was $11k and change. I got a brand new car with warranty for less then used cars I was looking at.

recap cliff notes: nissan rocks, dam thing is huge inside, gets great gas mileage, and no one can touch the price.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Again, thanks milehigh for this forum. Why anyone would choose a Versa over whatever is strictly their own decision. My decision was based on what base car came with the most for the least amount of money. One thing a base S version comes with and most others don't is air conditioning and a sound system. That was the single most important reason I bought this car. I checked out the lancer but the base price didn't include a/c. And so on and so on. For most cars that option is either in a 4 figure higher version upgrade or between 750.00 and up. I thought the versa was awesome for that point in the beginning, but then I realized that the V has alot more going for it. I am pretty sure mh will figure out who I am and I didn't come over here to start trouble, but for really I came here because I feel Nicoclub doesn't cover the single most reason persons come onto these forums in the first place. They are wanting to know if whatever car is worth buying. And I am sorry to inform Nicoclub fans that their forum sucks in driving home the idea that the Nissan Versa is the best deal in that car's segment, period. Talking about hyundais and kias will confuse the idea that the consumer really is better off buying a Nissan brand car than any Korean or Chinese built car. Maybe someday that will change, but the smart choice right now is the Versa. I just hope for my sake some or most of the things I push about the Nissan brand will help individuals choose the right car. Nissan plain and simple is rocking in the styling department as well as actually producing high performance sports cars that would make Picasso a fan. In the end, I am happy to be here and I know my grammar is terrible but I am not being graded at this time. Ciao.:driving:
Where are you coming from? Did I refer you? :confused5:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Well I bought the Versa because I thought it was cute, and fun to drive.
I have never owned a car before. The previous car I drove was my parent's. It was a 2 door Hyundai Accent, which helped me get through 4 years of university.
When I decided to buy a new car I wanted something cute... I go by the looks first, lol, then how it drives. I test drove a Cobalt, the new Accent, and the Versa. I had actually test driven the Versa a year before (summer 2007) and then in April 2008 I test drove it again, and bought it. I made sure to get every feature that my Accent never had. That is why I upgraded to the sport package ... I really wanted the sunroof and fog lights.
For a first time buyer, I think the Versa is perfect. It still cost me quite a bit by getting every feature, but I plan on driving her until she dies. I absolutely love her ... that is why she has been nicknamed the Pampered Princess.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you coming from? Did I refer you? :confused5:
mh, i am that guy who gets beat up for mispelling and pronunciations. i am sick of nicoclub. so what if i think hyundais and kias suck. that's my opinion and i am sticking to it. that doesn't mean you can't like hyundais and kias, it just means i think they both suck. and misleading visitors into thinking that they should buy those cars because motor trend told them to is misleading. i don't trust car magazines and what they print. the mighty greenback makes the car magazine writers punch certain keys on the keyboard and they in turn are misleading the public. nissan is right there for styling and value and reliability mostly. everyone has a chance to get a car that is a lemon. that is why there are warranties, hoping that you have a good dealer to back the warranty with service. i am not a car modder but if i ever keep a car solely for summer showoff driving you can bet my onyx blue v will be there when the calling comes. ciao.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.