Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up Tiida/Versa family, I need some help here.

I am seriously undecided on whether I should get Short Ram Air or Cold Air Intake?

which one is better(meaning safer?).

I've heard some bad things about Short Ram Air, but good things as well, but those bad things of course stand out in my head.

As far as Cold Air, only concern I have with that is rain. I live in Northeast Florida so we do get a good amount of rain around spring and a bit of Summer.

Can some of you guys educate me on the difference of these? I'm doing crazy amount of research but i'm still confused. I'd be much obliged :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I live in the same climate as you TT. I went CAI since it gives you the best hp gain. If you want the sound, go short ram. The filter location is well protected from rain and spatter off the wheels. If you tend to drive through 12" puddles, then don't go CAI. My opinion is that you'll be fine with CAI unless you try to float the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just go short...that way you peace of mind knowing your car cant hydro-lock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHqkGpm_Zc
Yea true that on the peace of mind part, for short Ram though, does a heat shield come with it? I like that they are generally a bit cheaper which is good for someone on my income

I live in the same climate as you TT. I went CAI since it gives you the best hp gain. If you want the sound, go short ram. The filter location is well protected from rain and spatter off the wheels. If you tend to drive through 12" puddles, then don't go CAI. My opinion is that you'll be fine with CAI unless you try to float the car.
no doubt you feel my pain then, since we share similar cilimates. truth be told I do like the sound LOL, but I do want some performance as well. so if i steer clear (no pun) of 12" puddles I will be fine?

You can't be hydrolocked by rain :facepalm:, unless you seriously drive through a lake.
LOL you made me laugh. So you think i'm just worrying a lil too much? so you think I won't be shooting be shooting myself in the foot with a CAI?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I agree with APLPIX, you don't have to fear hydro-lock in rain, you'd have to have some serious rain, so much so you'd probably not be driving anyway :p

Short air is fine if you heat shield it and feed it cool air, otherwise having it suck in hot engine bay air will actually work against performance increase, not with it, so all you'll get is a nicer 'intake' sound and that'd be about it. (generically)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.