Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide on which intake to purchase... I live in cali and frequently drive out to the desert and mountains. What are the biggest differences between the two? And which is going to have better performance?

·
Registered
339 Posts
CAI will deliver a colder denser charge and deliver better low end torque. A SRI will deliver warmer air but will increase throttle response and top end power. It down to length of the intake and what you prefer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SRI is a 2 on the scale.

Side note: On the Versa both the SRI or CAI would deliver the same amount of torque and hp increase. It is just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do have a question though. Which option would be best for a CVT? The average rpms that I see of my V is 2 to 3k. In this case, my knowledge would lean more to a CAI, but I still wanted to ask.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Cold air is not hard but time consuming, you have to remove the front bumper. Plus I like the response of the short ram, and I don't have to worry about hydro lock. Both are good for some extra power and sound, its all in what you like more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a reliable website to order the SRI from I was looking at carid.com and they have two on there for the 2011 Nissan not sure which one would be better though. Any opinions on which one?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Takeda is the one most run. I think someone used the weapon r, not sure though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ordered my Takeda SRI from autoanything.com.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It seems like the remaining OEM intake pieces are helping the new intake get cold air from the outside though! :jumping:
hmm and just how do you know that? Also you can still pull the silencers off the snorkel and just leave it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I took all of the stock air box components out, looks clean and I don't see how it can help unless your going really fast, as in 100 + mph. The ram intake sit where the hood closes so no air getting to it that way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good RocketNissan11 I think you forgot the rest of your old intake though haha.
You know honestly when I was doing the install I was trying to figure out if I needed to leave it in or not lol as you can tell i decided not to bother with it lol

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tubtub has the Fujita CAI, and I have been for a ride in his car, sounds really good. Doesn't have the same response as the short ram, oh and as for those videos air intakes do add power you need a tune other wise the ecu will not allow the any extra power, Mart and Moog made a video proving this with a cat-back exhaust on a forester I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts