Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
This thread is getting old. The difference between the two cai and wai/sri is minimal +/- or 1 or 2hp at best. Sound is different. Only major bonus to sri/wai is no risk of hyrdolock.

Tubtub has the Fujita CAI, and I have been for a ride in his car, sounds really good. Doesn't have the same response as the short ram
Really? ... I doubt that extra foot of piping I have makes me lose throttle response.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mine starts pulling hard at 2500, I noticed yours hits around 3500 rpms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buddy and i just popped in an AEM cold air intake in my 2011 versa and when i brought it to his garage i had already read the installation manual and was expecting him to have to remove the wheel and bumper to install filter to lowest point and assumed he install would take 2 to 3 hrs. He informed me that he didnt need to jack the car up at all or remove the tire or bumper. I must say i was impressed with his skills because all he did was turn the wheel inward, removd a few wheel well plastic holder pieces enough to get the filter and his hands in there with a wrench and had the whole stock intake and new intake install and back together in less than 40 minutes. So all in all. Installation toughness really depends on experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the dc cold air intake in mine, the performance feels better than a short ram and the sound quality is much better the only issue I have tho is when I have to clean my intake instead of removing the bumper (for installation you must remove bumper) I jack up my car and remove the under body panel to get to my filter remove, clean, let dry, slap it back on.

I literally had to drill a screw to the plastic pos jus to keep in place.

I'm currently looking for filter sleeve so I can remove the plastic pos from under, the sleeve will prevent a hydrolock from too much water!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts