Nissan Versa Forums banner

Short Shifter?

48K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Lift-off Oversteer 
#1 ·
anyone know if there's a short shifter for versa? :woot:

#30 ·
Any updates on the short shift / short throw kits?

#35 ·
New short shifter Kit

I tried contacting Racingline as I live in Vancouver but never got through.

Was searching the Internets for Renault Clio Short shifter (which we share the same transmission) and Came across this Company

https://www.short-shifters.com/tl4-shift.html

I have Just install this TL4 short shifter kit.. What a Difference.

Their Website has a listing for TL4N short shifter kit for our cars but it did not fit My Canadian Model MR18 6 speed.

If you want to see pictures can someone give me suggestion for photo hosting site as I'm not paying Photo bucket 400

dollars to Post and I don't use Facebook.

#36 ·
A true short shifter changes mechanical linkage between the shifter and transmission to speed up shifts, the external levers get shorter. Can't do it on cable shifters or trans with internal linkage like most are now.

Actually you can on shifter but the design cost of doing it is why you won't find one on a Versa, the cost is too high to make it worth it, you'll never sell them all.

A shorter STICK makes shifts faster but the stick shortened means increased force needed as you have lost leverage there, what length does.

I used to do all that stuff many many years ago on drag cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.